assurance - Re: [Assurance] Recording and slides from InCommon Assurance Call of Nov. 2, 2016

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] Recording and slides from InCommon Assurance Call of Nov. 2, 2016

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] Recording and slides from InCommon Assurance Call of Nov. 2, 2016
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 14:09:20 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:FNCgWxIjt2JA+eYqlNmcpTZWNBhigK39O0sv0rFitYgULv/xwZ3uMQTl6Ol3ixeRBMOAuqgC2rad6vmwEUU7or+5+EgYd5JNUxJXwe43pCcHRPC/NEvgMfTxZDY7FskRHHVs/nW8LFQHUJ2mPw6anHS+4HYoFwnlMkItf6KuS9SU3pj8jrnis7ToICxwzAKnZr1zKBjk5S7wjeIxxbVYF6Aq1xHSqWFJcekFjUlhJFaUggqurpzopM0roGxsvKco7NVdS6z8dKkQTLpTCzEjNGZz49fk5jfZSg7a3WcRTGgQ2jFBGQ3C4ACyCoztvzX3sN120TOfOsHnZbouXiukqapnVUm72288Kzcl/TSP2YRLh6VBrUf5qg==

Tom,

thanks for sharing that info. That seems to flesh out the meaning of "operationalizing Baseline Expectations".

My concern is that while a number of the Baseline statements are broad (as they should be), that also means they are open to perhaps a wide range of interpretation. To some extent, then, that could reduce their value.

Several of the Feedback statements offered specific, tighter requirements that some campuses might expect; the AAC response was that forthcoming documents would offer elaboration.

Its my understanding that Congress sometimes produces, in addition to laws, documents describing "legislative intent". I read the response to indicate that we should expect something like that -- non-normative language to help campuses understand what was expected, and thus narrowing the potential scope of interpretation.

I think you're saying that the plan is to produce those sort of intent documents ?