assurance - [Assurance] Reminder: Today's InCommon Assurance Call: "Developments in Assurance: Insights from Across the Pond"

Subject: Assurance

[Assurance] Reminder: Today's InCommon Assurance Call: "Developments in Assurance: Insights from Across the Pond"

  • From: Paul Caskey <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [Assurance] Reminder: Today's InCommon Assurance Call: "Developments in Assurance: Insights from Across the Pond"
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 13:25:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hello Everyone!

This is just a friendly reminder about today’s InCommon Assurance call at noon EST:

Developments in Assurance: Insights from Across the Pond

The discussion will focus on two papers:

·         Service Aspects of Assurance white paper produced recently by GÉANT and

·         Recommendations on Minimal Assurance Level Relevant for Low-risk Research Use Cases produced recently by AARC

We will have 2 of the authors of the above papers on the call:

·         Daniela Pöhn, Leibniz Supercomputing Centre

·         Mikael Linden, CSC -  Finnish IT Center for Science

·         Topics include:

·         A potential new assurance profile for IdPs

·         Assurance requirements from the SP perspective

·         Self assessment tools

·         Recommended best practices

The host for the call will be Chris Spadanuda, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee and Chair of the InCommon Assurance Advisory Committee (AAC).

The topics are of critical importance in light of developing trends around the U.S., in our own government, and, indeed, across the globe, that are driving new specifications in identity assurance.  Please join us to learn about one perspective of these new trends.

Connection Details:

Adobe Connect

 If you have never attended a Connect Pro meeting before:

eDial Connection Information

 +1-734-615-7474 (English I2, Please use if you do not pay for Long Distance)

 +1-866-411-0013 (English I2, toll free US/Canada Only)

 Access code: 0126260#