assurance - [Assurance] Monthly Assurance Call: Webcast on Silver and AD

Subject: Assurance

[Assurance] Monthly Assurance Call: Webcast on Silver and AD

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Assurance] Monthly Assurance Call: Webcast on Silver and AD
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 20:33:55 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi All,

In lieu of this month's call, I invite you to view Ron Thielen's webcast presentation at this year's EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference. Called "Better Practices Build Better Systems: Identity Assurance," it begins with me providing a short 15-min introduction to the profiles and why one would want to use them to inform security plans. Ron then  follows with an in-depth case study from the University of Chicago outlining how the Silver spec is helping them to uncover several hidden security issues with Active Directory and Radius and what they are doing to mitigate them.

The recorded webcast presentation can be found at: http://educause.mediasite.com/mediasite/Play/e210a53282d04684bc817f579a8db1dc1d

Thank you to EDUCAUSE for recording this session and allowing it to be made available to the assurance list a wee bit early. As a side note, they have asked that we don't share this widely until the meeting's proceedings are publicly announced in early July.

Best regards,

Ann

Ann West

Assistant Director,

InCommon Assurance and Community

Internet2 based at Michigan Tech

office: +1.906.487.1726

  • [Assurance] Monthly Assurance Call: Webcast on Silver and AD, Ann West, 06/02/2014