assurance - Re: [Assurance] NIST vs. TFS vs. Silver

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] NIST vs. TFS vs. Silver

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] NIST vs. TFS vs. Silver
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:53:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 3/14/14 12:01 PM, "Eric Goodman" <> wrote:

I know neither of those changes applies to us under the current InCommon IAPs, but I'm asking more to help me read the tea leaves as to how long such changes are likely to take to flow from the TFP and NIST to InCommon.

Regarding reading the future, there are really three questions we're working now to answer:
  • Will the FICAM 2.0 release affect our spec? Some of the new text reflects the merging in of existing documents that InCommon's program already supports. These won't affect our spec.
  • Assuming the answer to the above question is yes, are the changes substantive? For example, FICAM would like to normalize terminology across all the TFPs. While this will change the InCommon spec, the updates won't affect IdP implementations.
  • Assuming there are substantive changes to InCommon's spec, what would be the timing for reflecting them in our documents? When we know the answer to the first two bullets and understand the scope of the possible changes, we'll let you know!
Best,
Ann