assurance - [Assurance] Avoiding credential exposure via policy

Subject: Assurance

[Assurance] Avoiding credential exposure via policy

  • From: Brett Bieber <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Assurance] Avoiding credential exposure via policy
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:35:43 -0600

Hi,

While approaching the credential exposure and securing credentials problem with assurance, I realized we needed a policy to prohibit someone from standing up a service which permitted insecure communication.

I found the University of Chicago's policy from Tom Barton, and adopted it for my own institution.

UChicago
https://itservices.uchicago.edu/policies/it-services-authentication-services-policy

University of Nebraska-Lincoln:
http://idm.unl.edu/authentication-services-policy

Hope this helps others grappling with the same issue.

--
Brett Bieber
University of Nebraska-Lincoln

  • [Assurance] Avoiding credential exposure via policy, Brett Bieber, 12/05/2013