assurance - [Assurance] RE: Passwords and Office365

Subject: Assurance

[Assurance] RE: Passwords and Office365

  • From: Brian Arkills <>
  • To: "''" <>
  • Subject: [Assurance] RE: Passwords and Office365
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 20:47:09 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I'd note that this issue is present regardless of whether you use ADFS, Shibboleth, some other SAML identity provider not explicitly supported by Azure Active Directory, or the more obvious case where you stick the credentials in AAD. It's a function of the active profile used by Outlook, other mail clients, and the Lync fat client that they have no other way to do federated authentication except by having the service proxy that authentication for them.