assurance - Re: [Assurance] Bronze credential reissuance

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] Bronze credential reissuance

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] Bronze credential reissuance
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:40:08 -0500

On 2/11/13 11:56 PM, Cantor, Scott wrote:
On 2/11/13 11:54 PM, "Benn Oshrin"

KBA seems a reasonable approach, but will it be considered acceptable
for Bronze compliance? Perhaps this is a good candidate for the
"alternative means" process.

Last I knew, KBA even works for Silver.

The IAPs allow for "correct answers to pre-registered personalized questions designed to be difficult for any other person to know" (ยง4.2.4.3), but Arlene seems to be suggesting a further step if the secret questions fail[1]:

On 2/11/13 7:36 PM, Arlene Allen wrote:
> If they don't remember the secret questions anymore, then they must
> interact with our identity help function. This is all done on the web
> and we don't force the optional pathway of responding to an email
> sent to the address of record.

What does the "identity help function" entail?

Thanks,

-Benn-

[1] Which is the scenario I'm interested in -- what if you can't reset your password because your address of record is no longer valid and you don't have/forgot your questions? For Silver, you can re-proof your identity, but for Bronze there is no specific proofing required, so there's no (approved) way to re-claim your identity.

To draw the comparison to Google... this is the equivalent of the splash page that asks you for a phone number or alternate email address. Without them, you can't reset your Google password if you forget it.