assurance - Re: [Assurance] status of v1.2 IAAF and IAP

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] status of v1.2 IAAF and IAP

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To: Susan Neitsch <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] status of v1.2 IAAF and IAP
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 14:32:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Susan,

The 1.2 documents are not yet approved by ICAM  (http://www.idmanagement.gov/pages.cfm/page/ICAM)  responsible for reviewing and approving Federal Trust Framework Providers.

Anil John mentioned that they have been dealing with several things, most notably the close of the  federal fiscal year. I sent a gentle reminder earlier today with a couple of requests that we heard from Assurance implementers last week at the Internet2 Member Meeting.

I'll send out a separate Assurance update to the list this afternoon.

Best,
Ann

Greetings all,

What is the status of the v1.2 assurance documents?

The review schedule provided at https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/InCAssurance/Assurance+1.2+Specification+Review set June 2012 as the date expected for the release/adoption of v1.2, but I have not heard any announcement. We've been preparing for Bronze/Silver using the 1.2 specifications but are wondering if we should revert to the 1.1 specs.

Thanks,
Susan

Susan Neitsch '89
Lead Software Applications Developer
Identity & Access Management Architecture Team | Computing & Information Services
Texas A&M Information Technology | Texas A&M University
sneitsch@tamu.edu

Mail Stop 3363 | College Station, TX 77843-3363
Tel. 979.862.6834
IT.tamu.edu | Making IT Possible