assurance - [Assurance] Update on 1.2 Assurance Documents

Subject: Assurance

[Assurance] Update on 1.2 Assurance Documents

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Assurance] Update on 1.2 Assurance Documents
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:34:19 -0400 (EDT)

Good morning,

As you will recall, we recently revised the new 1.2 versions of the IAAF
(Identity Assurance Assessment Framework) and the IAP (Identity Assurance
Profile). One of the primary goals for this update was to simplify the
deployment of Bronze (LoA1) for Identity Provider Operators by, among other
things, eliminating the audit requirement.

Both documents have now been approved by the InCommon Assurance Advisory and
Steering Committees. This week, InCommon submitted the docs to the US
Government Identity Credential and Access Management (ICAM) Program for their
review and to continue InCommon's certification as a trust framework provider
using this new specification.

As part of our submission, we’ve also asked ICAM for an expected review date
and plan to publish the new specification to align with that date. On our
end, we’re also working on updated Bronze pricing and on any necessary
adjustments to the assurance addendum (to the legal agreement) to support the
removal of the Bronze audit requirement.

Many thanks for your comments and suggestions during the community review
process.

Best,
Ann

--
Ann West
Assistant Director,

office: +1.906.487.1726

  • [Assurance] Update on 1.2 Assurance Documents, Ann West, 06/14/2012