assurance - [Assurance] Federal CIO Memo re: Assurance

Subject: Assurance

[Assurance] Federal CIO Memo re: Assurance

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Assurance] Federal CIO Memo re: Assurance
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:43:04 -0500 (EST)

Hello All,

I received a question about the memo from Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel that
John Krienke and I alluded to during our Assurance Program Kick-off webinar
last week.

Dated October 6, 2011, the memo requires agencies to support LoA 1 certified
credentials from FICAM-approved Trust Framework Providers (such as InCommon)
for new or existing websites (once the latter is enhanced or upgraded).

http://www.cio.gov/Documents/OMBReqforAcceptingExternally_IssuedIdCred10-6-2011.pdf

BTW, you'll see a reference to a 90-day window. We're past that. The first
Trust Framework Provider (Kantara) was approved November 1, 2011.

Best,
Ann

--
Ann West
Assistant Director,

office: +1.906.487.1726

  • [Assurance] Federal CIO Memo re: Assurance, Ann West, 03/05/2012