assurance - [Assurance] Assurance InterOp: Update and Next Steps

Subject: Assurance

[Assurance] Assurance InterOp: Update and Next Steps

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Assurance] Assurance InterOp: Update and Next Steps
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 10:20:57 -0400 (EDT)

Good morning everyone,

This note is a follow up on the interop testing effort we started in mid
September.

As a reminder, we (thanks to Virginia Tech and the CILogon folks) have tested
and documented use case 0
(https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/InCAssurance/SP+Assurance+Policy+Use+Cases).
During the Internet2 Member Meeting last week, Terry Fleury from CILogon
also tested having the SP pull the entityid qualifier out of test metatdata
to verify entityid certification. All good things!

Next Steps
In lieu of having a call this week (which was the original plan), we talked
in the InCommon Technical Advisory Committee meeting last week about the
following next steps:

- Ann will work with the SPs intending to offer Silver services in 2012 to
determine their initial functional use cases. (See documented examples at the
above URL.) As a reminder, the identified services are: NIH ERA (grant
submission), CILogon (Open Science Grid access), selected LIGO services (such
as updating access groupers in their Grouper instance), and National Student
Clearinghouse/Meteor access (financial aid).

- Next, the TAC will review the SP's use cases to determine what's needed for
the technical support.

- After that, we'll loop 'round with the community for further testing.

So far, the use case we've already tested (UC0) will work for the SPs I've
contacted, but stay tuned for additional flows and testing updates.

Many thanks for your help. If you have suggestions, alternatives, ideas, etc.
please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best,
Ann

--