assurance - RE: [Assurance] Assurance InterOp: Notes/AIs from 9/19

Subject: Assurance

RE: [Assurance] Assurance InterOp: Notes/AIs from 9/19

  • From: "Curry, Warren" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Assurance] Assurance InterOp: Notes/AIs from 9/19
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 12:45:50 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I would like to see the case of the null value handled. This is the case
that is many individual account at UF will not attain Bronze or Silver
certification. They run in the same IdP and could attempt to access a
service with null value. It would be a better data solution to provide for a
value when the assertion is null. This easily distinguishes an
implementation or data error vs a user who has not been given an InCommon IAP
level of Assurance.

This would be a wise and very good direction to proceed in my opinion.

Warren