announce - [InCommon] InCommon Up & Coming: June 2023

Subject: News and information about InCommon Academy offerings

[InCommon] InCommon Up & Coming: June 2023

  • From: Apryl Motley <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [InCommon] InCommon Up & Coming: June 2023
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 13:47:12 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=VV7TIohUlwqRnrMsAR0d6Zr3T43TOhvDXY8wdm8TqAs=; b=D0+L3jA71/PGOj/iyKqk63alDLCuc08Sv0/nTnLywqkiqnamGd1E3gmFcbuVjPbrvDsiHTjA6prZ7Hbv0Aj22zZFNkOBS9lytouIi36E8iCXly1VUugCrW94cu6JEFF7Szo3HA7qlNpwZQr0VtEPVxY1WkE+TD//CjqRR15rVrbwaB/1zgrDls9f/F/UiewUUM/+dFQjtAPBb8dp+yUXhV89y1g2KDsKN1WpBbchCp+J44nbSB39qsWHxrbOZbkxwvsAJpk02UXJqg5mzKOI6tFWOVlYlCwl7+5avN796puwQQDdjWkYc9fFJGoNmFfbb0Wd1uHmpoTHJETdJYURxA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=k6K3lR/GTh8PhAMle6ktS5jH9oGAJs1+oPxHZVVqY0YgW5audafoqKcZe9NQWwf/YRriP99cX9GT3WO1j6tmIOFzPlhoi/wJRMPOy8UHdcHH2c2ZjA+KILeiRomd6BnhY3UYFMP+DcsFQ2vYUVuhjRFHyxspH0h8DvBuCc7NwPwLoAdsmipb7KmtGn48yMhQQztptDt5u6XcZxN+lXE3oPcEcpweSCFKBzj9RmqO4YnaXN9Lasb1yQYJhx757SI4BJBBamJ7fisLwyTTVNcikozsEyDxMG8MRK+mga+oHqBeg7yrOsWo8HJq5B8+7+NwQ670HsZsx/7jrepeILdv/Q==

Greetings,

Here’s a snapshot of what’s happening and coming up soon. We hope to see and/or hear from you soon!

You can check out some of the events we’ve got coming up below. In addition, we have two great opportunities for you share your input:

  1. Get in on the Discussion about the future of InCommon. Last month, we kicked off InCommon Futures2, a strategic planning project being

undertaken by the InCommon Steering Committee to help guide a vibrant future for InCommon and explore the identity and access management

(IAM) challenges facing the research and higher ed community. Complete this form to let us know your initial thoughts about the project and how

           you might like to be involved.

  1. Provide Input for InCommon’s Second Annual Cybersecurity Exercise. How can we help your team enhance its knowledge and use of the Sirtfi

framework, so you’re prepared to cooperate when a cybersecurity incident spans multiple organizations in the research and education community?

That’s the main question on the minds of the members of Sirtfi Exercise Planning Working Group (SEPWG) as they begin to plan for InCommon’s

second annual cybersecurity exercise in November 2023. Please take just five minutes to give them some answers by completing their survey,

which will be open until July 30, 2023.

June IAM Online

InCommon IAM 101 - June 14, 2023, at 1 p.m. ET – TODAY!

This special edition of IAM Online will provide an overview of the key aspects of identity and access management in R&E, including IAM as a practice in higher education and essential functions of an IAM practice. It’s just the right webinar for you if you need a brief refresher or a current or new member of your team does. As a bonus, this session takes place just a few weeks before InCommon BaseCAMP. It’s a great primer for those attending that event.

Speaker: Benjamin Rappleyea, manager, Office of Identity and Access Management, Illinois State University

Moderator: Marta K. Lang, senior IT manager, Identity & Access Management, The University of Texas at Austin

Please note: If you have already registered for a previous IAM Online webinar in the last year, you will automatically receive Zoom coordinates for current and future IAM Online webinars – you only need to register once! The connection details will be emailed directly to all registrants on the morning of the event. New to IAM Online? Register Now.

Registration is open and early-bird pricing is available through June 16

Program Updates:

A draft program is available nowplease note that it is a work in progress so please keep checking for updates! In addition to finalizing program talks and their abstracts, we will be adding the working meetings over the summer.

Please check out the General Schedule before making travel and hotel plans. Of special note is that the Welcome Reception will be held on Monday evening, Sept. 18 this year, so please plan your travel accordingly.

Internet2 Inclusivity (I2I) Scholarship Program

Supporting the attendance of early-career women IT professionals at Internet2 anchor events.

We are excited to announce that the I2I scholarship application process is now open for attendance at the 2023 Internet2 Technology Exchange. Please take a moment to nominate someone on your staff and/or encourage her to apply for the I2I scholarship. Applications and nominations are being accepted through Friday July 14. More information can be found on the I2I Scholarship Award page and applications can be submitted using this Application and Nomination Form

Register now. Join us online for InCommon BaseCAMP 2023, July 10 - 14. InCommon BaseCAMP is the IAM intro training event of the year, delivering an insightful entryway into InCommon and the fundamentals of identity and access management.

Check out our all-star speaker lineup designed by your IAM peers at leading institutions like Illinois State University, Florida Polytechnic University, Illinois State University, University of Texas Austin, University of Michigan, and University of Wisconsin Madison:

InCommon BaseCAMP 2023 Speaker Spotlight: Got Requirements?

InCommon BaseCAMP 2023 Speaker Spotlight: Q&A with Warren Anderson

Speaker Spotlight: Come Together, Case Study Showcase at InCommon BaseCAMP 2023

Our program has something for everyone on your team - from IAM architects to systems engineers to project managers to decision makers.

Bring your whole team to maximize your learning and share your take-aways later. We are offering a Buy 2, Get 1 Free promotion available for multiple participants from the same institution. When two individuals register from your organization, please contact us at , and we will send you a personal code to register the third person at no cost!

Register now.

REFEDS and eduGAIN are partnering to offer a series of webinars on Hub and Spoke federations and their architecture, components, management, and operations. The second webinar in this series will be held Friday 7 July, 14.00 - 15.00 CEST and will feature SURF.

Please register here: https://events.geant.org/event/1487.

If you missed the first webinar, which featured the Croatian hub and spoke federation, AAI@EduHR, the webinar is available via the Indico events page.

Apryl Motley, CAE

Technical Writer & Communications Lead
Internet2 Trust and Identity/NET+ Services

 | www.internet2.edu | www.incommon.org

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image

  • [InCommon] InCommon Up & Coming: June 2023, Apryl Motley, 06/14/2023