announce - [InCommon] The Road to Readiness: Supporting NIH MFA & Identity Requirements

Subject: News and information about InCommon Academy offerings

[InCommon] The Road to Readiness: Supporting NIH MFA & Identity Requirements

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To: InCommon participants <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [InCommon] The Road to Readiness: Supporting NIH MFA & Identity Requirements
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 15:11:52 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=eFtq61qzx8UGOTZu7Ifs0lBBp/eJ3whppG1YsfEC7YU=; b=gPC4LYbgPrWufeq9eCU+W5OnIu0pBySfHZDj2yXZ3518h/D/lKi8nLDnIVM0nvVBVg5KXzeDi+Ss9rZo88nsWyCllW4F9ON5GuBkGn/1tSINWhygHxsxCDHuolHrIyHWGDq3izNIkAurGTwhFBnzQglEBU05juweZNcjfU5uJdHP1myJWEryLSNR/ZcIaacKjYh/xSan/02Lk/WW32UemtRsB1mIKofcmXavkXhJlk/E6vghKlpzjADv0RlblazrhfN3C5PrBVfAJAppgx7Fo/v04hIutA/gJ42FC0vA1BM60RKhEBlc+S/4oajO4jh7h9mLFJpen5aMC7Kwptn0Ig==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=RQ0sAUSTEJd+4GFXic33ZKNWyM1Vmd4nP1A15NSMQVc0PcdnAAovcRYNPbqw3jgVIcADvgHZHIkLfjHkAat4/t7v2XEQsaYjJNb/zz8Xqz4CbO9xhM342iHXN59mnaxNG4eQK7eQiGUQdFpLN1c/fMAfFuCRyG6bOoum453BCJTmOXmAWupujBltHDyPMNaeHiKmibODkEiLhaHjrNX96Js2AJsW02cbzZEGbADBP3ms9d+qpCE4j+4G6WwSihVCjqIvwjkVAxHpw2IziIqWRzXFrcLA21yc//DHspqU8WSOXn8B8wljPY2gJtkoU3BDNSK4Gs4rf3RiKwOeQx7T1w==

Dear colleagues,

It all started with a letter from NIH in June 2020 calling on our community to re-emphasize support for InCommon, in particular its ability to streamline access to research services. Our work continues to ensure the InCommon community remains prepared to support forthcoming NIH MFA and identity requirements.

To that end, please plan to join us for a briefing on the InCommon Community’s readiness to support NIH. Here are the details:

InCommon/NIH Community Update: MFA and Identity Requirements Webinar

Thursday, April 20, 2023

2 p.m. ET | 1 p.m. CT | 12 p.m. MT | 11 a.m. PT

Speakers:

Jeff Erickson, Chief of Identity and Access Management Services, National Institutes of Health

Tom Barton, InCommon Research Consultant, Internet2

Ann West, AVP, Trust & Identity, Internet2 (moderator)

Register Here: https://internet2.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fFPFuZY8QKyl-N7Km3Nnxw

In Fall 2020, leaders from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) first addressed the InCommon community about the benefits of researchers using InCommon-enabled credentials from their institutions.  Since then, NIH has provided tools and data and coordinated with InCommon on outreach efforts aimed at helping InCommon participants enhance their identity and access management (IAM) processes and technology to enable their faculty and researchers to use their university credentials to log into NIH applications and enjoy a superior user experience.

So how’s it been going? We’ll provide an update on our progress thus far and what’s next as NIH considers issuing its first identity assurance requirement.

We look forward to seeing you online April 20!

REGISTER TODAY!

https://internet2.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fFPFuZY8QKyl-N7Km3Nnxw

Cheers,

Ann

Ann West

AVP, Trust and Identity, Internet2

ED, InCommon

W: 720-379-9666

Email:

  • [InCommon] The Road to Readiness: Supporting NIH MFA & Identity Requirements, Ann West, 04/14/2023