announce - [InCommon] Potential Changes to this InCommon Announce List

Subject: News and information about InCommon Academy offerings

[InCommon] Potential Changes to this InCommon Announce List

  • From: Dean Woodbeck <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [InCommon] Potential Changes to this InCommon Announce List
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 17:19:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

You are a member of the list which is used for notices of InCommon events, as well as well as an announcement each time a new participant joins InCommon.

Internet2 has been moving such lists away from Sympa and to a platform called Pardot, which ties in with our Salesforce database and provides self-service subscription control for various Internet2 communications. We have created a Trust and Identity list within Pardot and it is our intent to transition all subscribers from this Sympa list to the Pardot list.

We also intend to discontinue sending individual announcements of new InCommon participants in favor of providing a monthly list of new participants. That list will be part of a new Trust and Identity newsletter to be distributed via Pardot.

It is my understanding that some research organizations and others may be using the “new participant” announcements to track the schools with which they can federate. I’m sending this notice to ensure we aren’t breaking some process that we may not be aware of, and that the monthly list will be sufficient.

Please send me email if this change will negatively affect you in some way and we can discuss options. Otherwise, we will plan to make the change away from Sympa in late July.

--Dean

----

Dean Woodbeck

Education and Outreach Lead, InCommon

Internet2

  • [InCommon] Potential Changes to this InCommon Announce List, Dean Woodbeck, 06/15/2017