announce - [InCommon] InCommon Update - February 2015

Subject: News and information about InCommon Academy offerings

[InCommon] InCommon Update - February 2015

  • From: Dean Woodbeck <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [InCommon] InCommon Update - February 2015
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 15:20:32 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

http://www.incommon.org/newsletter/2015_02.html

EMAIL LOOKING ODD? VIEW IT IN YOUR BROWSER
InCommonInCommon Update
FEBRUARY 2015

Internet2

INCOMMON IS OPERATED BY INTERNET2

February IAM Online: Working Groups Report - Making Federation Easier
The February IAM Online (Feb. 11 at 2 pm ET) is all about identities and identity providers. Four InCommon TAC working groups will report on the problems they have explored over the last two or three months and potential solutions. You will hear from the Alternative IdP working group, the IdP of Last Resort working group, the External Identities working group, and the New Entities working group. See the details at www.incommon.org/iamonline
Registration Open for Internet2 Global Summit
Registration is open for the Internet2 Global Summit, April 26-30, in Washington, DC, at the Renaissance Washington DC Downtown hotel. The meeting has four topic areas, including "Cybersecurity and Trusted Identity in Education and Research: A Community Built on Trust." You'll find the program online.
InCommon Adding MD-RPI Element to Metadata

During the month of February, InCommon will introduce the new MD-RPI schema into InCommon metadata. MD-RPI stands for Metadata Registration and Publication Information and identifies the registrar for each entity. InCommon, for instance, is the registrar for all entities in the InCommon metadata. This will become important as we proceed with interfederation and joining eduGAIN. You’ll see the details and the migration strategy in this blog article.

InCommon Staff Leadership Transition

John Krienke, who stewarded InCommon from its very early days through its first decade, has moved to a new role as Director of Service Management for the entire NET+ Services portfolio. In this role he will serve as functional owner for all process and system design aspects for service delivery, analytics, and lifecycle management.

Ann West, a long-time Internet2 staff member who has been engaging the community around identity for 13 years, is now Associate Vice President for Trust and Identity. She has responsibility for the direction and operations of the InCommon Federation and Certificate Service in addition to providing leadership for the functional side of the TIER (Trust and Identity in Education and Research) Program.

GENI, OGF Meeting Coming in March
The Open Grid Forum and the GENI Engineering Conferences are coming the week of March 23 in Washington, DC. You can see more information about these co-located conferences on the GENI wiki.
New Certificate Service Subscriber

The InCommon Certificate Service now has 314 subscribers. We welcome this new member to the community.

Aims Community College

New InCommon Participants
InCommon currently has 701 participants. We welcome these new participants to the InCommon community.

Higher Education
Eastern Illinois University

Sponsored Partners
C.A. Short Company
Omnibond Systems
Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar
Wellspring Worldwide, Inc.
Workplace Answers

As a service to the community, each month, we invite our new Research Organizations and Sponsored Partners to provide information about their services. These partners responded in time for this month's newsletter.

C.A. ShortC.A. Short Company is a full-service employee recognition company that provides employee anniversary, safety, peer-to-peer, and total recognition programs to university workforces across the country. Our People Are (TM) total recognition platform is a cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) developed to manage and measure employee recognition programs in one centralized and integrated location. We provide dynamic and customizable solutions that aim to increase employee engagement, satisfaction, and company bottom-line. To learn more, please visit us at www.cashort.com.

Reclaim HostingReclaim Hosting is an enterprise web hosting and domain registration platform that works with educational institutions, faculty, students, and individuals to build a space online that they control and manage. Utilizing the industry-standard cPanel software and an automated software installation platform with over 150 open source applications as one-click installs allows your institution to provide a flexible framework for portfolios, digital projects, and more. Rather than forcing you into a proprietary platform with little control, come find out how we can give you a powerful toolkit built on the principles of web standards and data ownership. You can read more about us at https://reclaimhosting.com

Wellspring makes knowledge accessible for innovators. Our web-based software captures, curates, and presents the knowledge you need in an intuitive, efficient way. Used by 500+ organizations, Wellspring software manages your Knowledge Supply Chain with modules for Tech Scouting, Corporate Venturing, Intellectual Property, Contract Management, Clinical Trials, and more. Wellspring is proud to offer quick and easy single sign-on integration with InCommon participants. Learn more at wellspring.com

Workplace AnswersWorkplace Answers provides industry-specific compliance solutions for enterprise, higher education, and government organizations. Human resources leaders and risk mitigation teams trust our award-winning training content, services, and software to develop more engaged workforces and minimize exposure from complex legal requirements. For more than 20 years, Workplace Answers has worked with over 10 million users and thousands of organizations, including Johns Hopkins, MIT, Coach, Whole Foods, American Express, City of San Francisco, Human Rights Campaign and NTT America. The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas. Learn more about Workplace Answers at www.workplaceanswers.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.

  • [InCommon] InCommon Update - February 2015, Dean Woodbeck, 02/04/2015