announce - [InCommon] InCommon Newsletter - November 2013

Subject: News and information about InCommon Academy offerings

[InCommon] InCommon Newsletter - November 2013

  • From: Dean Woodbeck <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [InCommon] InCommon Newsletter - November 2013
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 13:44:20 -0500

Title: InCommon Newsletter - November 2013

Is this email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
InCommon Update header

November 2013

Select Internet2 Applications Now Accept Google IDs

Individuals can now use their Google IDs to log into four select Internet2 services. The Google Gateway will initially provide access to the InCommon Federation Manager, Internet2’s collaboration wiki, and two applications soon to be used by the Multifactor Authentication (MFA) Cohortium. Read more.

Identity Week Materials Available

We had record numbers of identerati attend the three meetings that comprised Identity Week (Nov. 11-15): REFEDS, Advance CAMP, and CAMP. ACAMP sessions were (mostly) scribed and are publicly available at the ACAMP wiki. Slides from the CAMP presentations are available on the CAMP wiki.

Learn More About the Bronze Profile

Starting in December, InCommon will host eight hour-long biweekly sessions aimed at understanding the Bronze assurance profile. Participants will receive a note a week ahead of time alerting them to the section being discussed on the next call. If you are interested, please subscribe to the assurance email list to receive the notices. Send a note to with this in the subject: subscribe assurance

Certificate Service Outage Notification Email List

InCommon Cert ServiceThe InCommon Certificate Service offers an email list to provide information about announced and/or unanticipated outages to the InCommon Certificate Service. To subscribe, visit https://lists.incommon.org/sympa/subscribe/cert-outage-notification, or send email to , with this in the subject: subscribe cert-outage-notification

InCommon Steering Minutes Available

The InCommon Steering Committee is responsible for providing oversight, and managing the business and affairs, of InCommon. To provide additional transparency, minutes from the Steering Committee meetings (which are biweekly) are available on the InCommon Collaborate wiki.

New Participants

InCommon ParticipantsInCommon currently has 583 participants. We welcome these new participants to the InCommon community

Higher Education

  • Allegheny College
  • Blinn College
  • Bryant University
  • Cedarville University
  • Central Washington University
  • Depauw University
  • Milwaukee School of Engineering
  • Mott Community College
  • Murray State University
  • Pima Community College
  • Swarthmore College
  • University of Houston
  • University of North Carolina at Pembroke
  • University of Wisconsin-Stout
  • University of Wyoming
  • Ursinus College
  • Wheaton College (Ill.)

Sponsored Partners
(Sponsored partners are companies or other organizations that provide federated services to InCommon participants)

  • CampusGuard
  • CourseNetworking
  • DoubleMap, Inc.
  • Entigence Corp.
  • Fluidware
  • iLab Solutions

New Certificate Service Subscribers

InCommon Certificate ServiceThe InCommon Certificate Service now has 263 subscribers. We welcome these new members to the community.

  • Blinn College
  • Central Washington University
  • Columbus State Community College
  • Depauw University
  • Murray State University
  • Oregon Institute of Technology
  • Stevens Institute of Technology
  • SUNY Empire State College
  • SUNY at Oneonta
  • University of Idaho
  • Ursinus College
  • Wheaton College (Ill.)

New Sponsored Partners

CourseNetworking logoCourseNetworking (CN) is a cloud-based, academic social networking site with an innovative LMS and MOOC platform that empowers learning throughout the world. It is free for all individual students and instructors, with optional service agreements for institutions seeking a next generation LMS or MOOC implementation. CN focuses on intercultural collaboration, social learning, and pairing learners based on shared interests. It is owned by educators and academic institutions. www.coursenetworking.com

EntigenceEntigence Corporation, founded in 2002, is a leader in BI services in the higher education vertical. Using our experience in advising universities on the best use of enterprise data and with our team of academicians and consultants, we have launched Lyterati - a unique faculty productivity system - that brings together data from heterogeneous sources to provide a comprehensive view of faculty contributions and the APT processes that drive excellence. With our participation in InCommon, this SaaS offering supports federated authentication to clients who are part of InCommon. Visit us at lyterati.com to find out how Lyterati can help you achieve your goals of effective faculty management, starting with our CV ingestion services that makes valuable data hidden in faculty CVs available to your institution on day one.

Fluid ReviewFluidReview provides a simple, powerful and centralized online application & submission management solution, making it easy for organizations to streamline any application collection and review process. With FluidReview, you can configure an application workflow, set-up customized application forms, collect applications online, store submission materials/attachments, automate repetitive tasks, engage applicants and provide a secure portal for review & evaluation, all in one place! http://FluidReview.com

iLab SolutionsiLab Solutions is the leading provider of core facility management solutions to academic research institutions, with customers that include leading universities, research hospitals, independent institutes, and government labs. iLab’s suite of web-based tools for academic research management include core facility service request management, enhanced sample management, equipment reservation and usage tracking, billing and invoicing, reporting, and lab requisitioning and spend tracking tools. Based in Boston, iLab has team members and customers across the US, Canada, and Europe. For information about iLab Solutions, visit http://www.ilabsolutions.com.

InCommon is operated by Internet2.

Internet2 logo

Social InCommon

InCommon Affiliates

InCommon Affiliates The InCommon Affiliate Program connects higher education institutions with commercial or non-profit organizations that provide software, content, guidance, support, and implementation and integration services related to participating in the federation.

InCommon thanks all of our affiliates for their support:

Aegis Identity
Dell
Fischer International
Gluu
Microsoft
Spherical Cow Group
Unicon
VASCO
Vivantech

Internet2 logoThe InCommon Update is published for InCommon participants and other interested parties. InCommon is operated by Internet2. Send feedback or comments to .