announce - [InCommon] New Names for InCommon Participants, Announce Lists

Subject: News and information about InCommon Academy offerings

[InCommon] New Names for InCommon Participants, Announce Lists

  • From: Dean Woodbeck <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: [InCommon] New Names for InCommon Participants, Announce Lists
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 16:19:28 -0400

Hi folks,

We’re changing the names and clarifying the purposes of the incommon-participants and incommon-announce lists. The new names are:
  • ” replaces ""
  • ”  replaces “
If you are already subscribed to either list, you have been automatically subscribed to the new list names. The old addresses will work for the time being, but please begin using the new, shorter versions. Also, be sure you change the saved names in your address book and adjust any filters you might use.

In terms of list purposes, here’s how we’re approaching these lists.
  • The Participants list is a discussion list, although we have also used that list as a place to send announcements. We will now limit the announcements to the list .

    To receive all InCommon announcements, we recommend you subscribe to the list (see the end of this message for instructions).
  • The Announce list is intended as a place for InCommon to send you news items. News about the affiliate program, assurance program, certificate service, monthly newsletters, and other information is sent to the announce list.
Subscribing information:

To subscribe to either list, send email to .
  • To subscribe to , include this in the subject line:
    subscribe participants
  • To subscribe to , include this in the subject line:
    subscribe announce
If you have questions or encounter any problems with this changeover, please send me a note.

Thanks,
Dean

Dean Woodbeck
Program Manager, InCommon