ad-assurance - [AD-Assurance] RE: MCB and AD Silver Cookbook

Subject: Meeting the InCommon Assurance profile criteria using Active Directory

[AD-Assurance] RE: MCB and AD Silver Cookbook

  • From: Brian Arkills <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [AD-Assurance] RE: MCB and AD Silver Cookbook
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 22:19:00 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

What is MCB?

From: [mailto:] On Behalf Of Eric Goodman
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:01 PM
Subject: [AD-Assurance] MCB and AD Silver Cookbook

Hi all,

Just a thought…

If a campus were using the MCB, would that mean that they could enforce that Silver assertions are only generated from username/password based login events? Then they could use other authentication forms (Kerberos or NTLM via ADFS, SPNEGO, GSSAPI) when NOT asserting Silver but still be compliant with our interpretation and “needle threading”?

A possibly less-queasy-making option that popped into my head last night when I was processing/recapping what I’d picked up in the various ACAMP sessions.

--- Eric