ad-assurance - [AD-Assurance] RE: [aac] AD Assurance Cookbook: Interpretation Sections: Response from AD DS Alternate Means workgroup

Subject: Meeting the InCommon Assurance profile criteria using Active Directory

[AD-Assurance] RE: [aac] AD Assurance Cookbook: Interpretation Sections: Response from AD DS Alternate Means workgroup

  • From: Eric Goodman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [AD-Assurance] RE: [aac] AD Assurance Cookbook: Interpretation Sections: Response from AD DS Alternate Means workgroup
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 18:01:58 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Fair enough. I’m okay with removing.

--- Eric

From: [mailto:] On Behalf Of Brian Arkills
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 9:46 AM

Here's a comment on something I just noticed in the scope:

"For instance, HTTP traffic is not used to communicate with an AD DS store, so requirements for securing HTTP traffic are not discussed in this document, even though institutions will likely need to address security of HTTP traffic in an overall compliance review."

This statement has a factual inaccuracy. since WS2008, AD-DS includes the AD web services, which is a HTTP protocol method of communicating with an AD DS store.

I'd recommend either removing that sentence or changing it to reference some other example. I'd prefer removing it.