ad-assurance - Re: [AD-Assurance] Microsoft Strategy / FICAM / Kantara

Subject: Meeting the InCommon Assurance profile criteria using Active Directory

Re: [AD-Assurance] Microsoft Strategy / FICAM / Kantara

  • From: David Walker <>
  • To:
  • Cc: DHW <>
  • Subject: Re: [AD-Assurance] Microsoft Strategy / FICAM / Kantara
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 16:38:32 -0700

Jeff,

I haven't looked through the FICAM roadmap very critically, but I think we're looking at the issue correctly.  The FICAM tool that we used to demonstrate comparability for InCommon's IAP is the Trust Framework Provider Application Template, which parallels the TFPAP:

http://www.idmanagement.gov/documents/TFP_Application_Template.doc

In particular, see row 1 of Table 8C: Token and Credential Management.

The roadmap seems to be a more inward-facing document for government agencies, and as such it recognizes the need for a transition period.  I think they are viewing identity assertions that we provide as something new that doesn't need a transition period; it just needs to be ready on day one.  The roadmap does, however, indicate that they're aware of the need for transition in many cases, and that may be useful to us.

David