ad-assurance - Re: [AD-Assurance] Notes from today's AD Assurance call

Subject: Meeting the InCommon Assurance profile criteria using Active Directory

Re: [AD-Assurance] Notes from today's AD Assurance call

  • From: David Walker <>
  • To: "Rank, Mark" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [AD-Assurance] Notes from today's AD Assurance call
  • Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 13:54:11 -0700

Thanks, Mark.  I've edited your suggestion into the document.

David

On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 20:05 +0000, Rank, Mark wrote:
David et al.:

I like the edits and especially like the background section as a way to address the federal context...

One wordsmithing proposal for consideration

"Currently, it is not very practical to crack RC4 HMAC, even though it has long-known vulnerabilities.  If that were to change (e.g., a simple crack program posted on the Internet), what would be Microsoft's response to protect its customers?"

Currently, it is not very practical to crack RC4 HMAC, even though it has long-known vulnerabilities.  If that were to change (e.g., a simple crack program posted on the Internet), does Microsoft have a response procedure for such compromises? How will this procedure protect Microsoft's customers that may be operating at LoA-2 via an alternate means exception?"

Otherwise I think it looks great.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Rank
Project Manager - Identity & Access Mgt
UCSF Information Technology Services (ITS)
email: