ad-assurance - [AD-Assurance] RE: Notes from March 29

Subject: Meeting the InCommon Assurance profile criteria using Active Directory

[AD-Assurance] RE: Notes from March 29

  • From: "Rank, Mark" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [AD-Assurance] RE: Notes from March 29
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 15:37:28 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Folks:

Sounds like there was some excellent discussion last Friday. Sorry I was unable to make it.

Based on the notes, it sounds like there is a feeling that 4.2.3.6.3 falls into the "not just AD
problem". If that is a correct interpretation of the notes, I would tend to agree. I feel it is
only valuable to point it out for this exercise because of the tendency, especially as campuses
get smaller, to use AD to validate more services directly.

Let me know if there is something specific I should be working on for 4.2.3.6.2/3 other than my
continued looking into background before the next meeting.

Please advise,
Mark

Mark Rank
Project Manager - Identity & Access Mgt
UCSF Information Technology Services (ITS)
email: