assurance - [Assurance] RE: [confluence] InC-Assurance > Remote-Proofing Approaches

Subject: Assurance

[Assurance] RE: [confluence] InC-Assurance > Remote-Proofing Approaches

  • From: "Jones, Mark B" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Assurance] RE: [confluence] InC-Assurance > Remote-Proofing Approaches
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 09:16:35 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Where did "Silver is not 800-63 level 2, Silver is Silver" come from?  I’m confused why people seem to want to distance Silver from 800-63.

From what I read, 800-63 level 2 is exactly what Silver is with respect to identity proofing and credential issuance.

InCommon Bronze and Silver are intended to be compatible with US federal government Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) Trust Framework Provider Adoption Process (TFPAP) Levels of Assurance 1 and 2.

http://www.incommon.org/docs/assurance/IAP_V1.1.pdf

and

800-63 is a core ICAM document.  http://www.idmanagement.gov/pages.cfm/page/ICAM

If that is not enough…

Sections §4.2.2.4.2 and §4.2.2.4.3 of the IAP describing ‘in-person’ and ‘remote’ proofing are taken verbatim from the 800-63 table that describes “Identity Proofing Requirements” for NIST level 2.  http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-63-1/SP-800-63-1.pdf

When we are discussing identity proofing and credential issuance for Silver we are talking 800-63.